ICE offers you an opportunity to be part of an art community that facilitates dialogue and exchange.
ICE hosts monthly workshops for our members to exchange ideas and engage in dialogue surrounding art forms, artists, and disciplines from the Americas. The workshops are an excellent opportunity for participants to connect with a seasoned artist while exploring new and unique choices of artistic expression and cultural narratives.
Past ICE Workshop Speakers include:
- Malva Flores - Contemporary Mexican poet
- Mario Bellatin - Peruvian-Mexican novelist
- Francisco Goldman - American novelist and journalist
- Daniel Canty - Canadian writer and film director
- Gustavo Artigas - Contemporary Mexican visual artist
- Eva-Lynn Jagoe - Canadian writer and professor of Comparative Literature
- Tamira Sawatzky - Canadian architect and visual artist
- Elle Flanders - Canadian filmmaker and visual artist
- Margo Glantz - Mexican novelist
ICE Entrepreneurship Program
In partnership with international institutions, ICE’s new Entrepreneurship Program has been designed for creative entrepreneurs from the Americas to test their products and ideas in the Canadian consumer market. Anyone from animators and game developers to media creatives and musicians are welcome to participate and gain meaningful work experience in Canada’s creative startup capital, Toronto.
ICE in the City
ICE in the City is a yearly 5-day immersive conference in Toronto where innovators, urban planners, architects and city-enthusiasts come together to exchange ideas and participate in dialogue to enhance city and spaces in the Americas. The event’s workshops will cover such areas as:
- City & Public Space
- Intimate & Personal Expression
- Archives & Memories
- Execution & Ideas for the Future
ICE Breaker is a monthly community event that brings together arts and creative professionals working in Toronto. These arts drinks are held every two months at different venues.